Oregon Elopement Guide with Locations and Packages
Your guide to everything you need to know to elope in Oregon.
Are you planning or wanting to elope in Oregon? Then don’t trip. I got you. Oregon has so much natural beauty and landscape to offer and so much versatility!
When is the best time to elope in Oregon?
We get a lot of out-of-towners visiting Oregon during the summer that fall in love with it’s landscape and decide they want to come back to get married. But the Oregon you see during the summer is vastly different from the Oregon we see the other 8 months out of the year. Basically, a lot of that lush greenery is a result of all that rain we get. So if you’re planning to elope in Oregon you need to plan accordingly.
The best time to elope in Oregon is in the late Spring or early Fall; May, June, September, or October.
Things to consider:
- if you come to our beloved state in May or June you’ll get to experience a lot of wildflowers blooming! But if you wait until September or October you’ll get to see the leaves changing color and the weather getting more brisk.
- we’ve had some pretty bad wildfires over the past few years that have brought some awful smoke during the late summer (August/September) months.
- whenever you plan on visiting, bring a rainjacket and appropriate footwear. A lot of our most beautiful landscapes that you’d want to elope in might take a small trek to get to, and with the rain it’s definitely going to be muddy so your best dress shoes might not cut it. If you really want to you can always invest in a good and beautiful pair of Red Wing Heritage or Danner Boots or something with a similar aesthetic.
What is the best time of day to elope?
The quick answer is… it depends! Really it comes down to the location but the two best times of day for any kind of photoshoot is either at sunrise or roughly an hour before sunset. We want to take advantage of that dreamy light that we get during these times of day for the most epic and most flattering images. I’m more partial to sunset myself, depending on the location and how far away we are from light pollution then we can even to some night and astrophotography!
Best locations to Elope in Oregon
You get scenic mountain views and wildflowers, what more could you want?
A lush landscape of rolling hills that look as if they’ve been painted with a brush.
Yep, the famous place we all learned the phrase “Goonies never say die” offers a lot of versatility in views with coastal cliffs, sand dunes, and lush, fern covered forests.
Columbia River Gorge
One of the most versatile landscapes I’ve ever seen! The Columbia River Gorge has spectacular views of the river along with an insane amount of waterfalls accessible right off the highway.
Smith Rock in Bend, OR
A climber’s paradise with spectacular views! Smith Rock is high up on my list of places I’d love to photograph an elopement in, will you be the first?
Novella Theory Floral Co
Make sure to check out Vendors of Color to hire your vendors and support the local BIPOC community in the Pacific Northwest!
Oregon Elopement Photographer Pricing
Are you ready to elope in Oregon? Then let’s get this party started! I’d be thrilled to be your Oregon Elopement Photographer and you can view some more info about my pricing below. Please don’t hesitate to reach out so I can build a custom quote to best fit what your wedding day needs!
I offer a custom “build your own elopement” package to best help meet your needs.
Starting at $2000 each custom elopement package includes;
- complimentary consult
- custom timeline building
- location ideas and scouting
- 2 hours of coverage included
- $300 each additional hour of coverage
- travel included within 60 miles of Portland
- hi res fully edited images delivered via online downloadable gallery
- social media sized files to share with all your friends
Ready to chat? Send me an email via my contact form or directly at email@example.com and I’d be happy to start helping you plan the Oregon elopement of your dreams!